Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW) are used or leftover consumer products that contain toxic, reactive, ignitable, or corrosive ingredients. Typically, these items are labeled with terms like:
Residential Program Requirements
The City offers a free drop-off program for City of Flagstaff and Coconino County residents. Read on for more information...
- County residents must bring a Drivers License or valid state ID. Either must have a current County address listed
- City of Flagstaff residents must bring a current water bill and a matching valid state ID
- If you are a city resident and do not have a current water bill then you must bring two articles of mail with current city address and a valid state ID proving your City residency
- Note: If proper ID is not shown, waste(s) may be deferred or refused
- View the Accepted Waste Chart to determine where to take your waste
- The 2015 HPC Schedule will be posted soon to help you determine when wastes are accepted
- If your HHW exceeds allowable amounts, waste(s) may be deferred or refused
- Business waste includes wastes from Landlords, Non-profits, Government Agencies and Schools. If you are a business owner in need of waste disposal, please contact the HPC at (928) 213-2159 for further assistance. Businesses can also review the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality's (ADEQ) Handbook for Managing Small Business Waste.
For Your Safety and the Safety of Others
- Do not mix products / wastes
- Keep products / wastes in original containers
- Label products / wastes not in original containers
- Secure products / wastes to prevent leakage
- Store products / wastes away from the vehicle's passenger compartment and keep waste separate from items you wish to keep
Drop and Swap Reuse Program
The Drop and Swap Reuse Program area of the HPC contains free reusable products. No need to drop an item off to pick up an item, just stop in during open operational hours; Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
For More Information
- EPA info on HHW
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Hazardous Waste Management
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Live close to or are you in the City of Williams, check out their programs and services