Building & Safety
Welcome to the Building Safety Program
101 West Cherry Avenue
Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:00am-4:00pm
The Building Safety Program provides assistance to residents and developers in all areas of building construction. We provide technical code assistance and review of all building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, fuel gas, energy and accessibility requirements for construction projects city wide.
Amy Palmer, email@example.com
Plan Review: Douglas Joseph, 928-213-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick St. Clair, 928-213-2646, email@example.com
Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Inspection: Nicholas Blain, 928-213-2624, email@example.com
Dave Clark, 928-213-2629, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Cooper, 928-213-2627, email@example.com
Joshua Neihardt, 928-213-2621, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Sorenson, 928-213-2625, email@example.com
Richard Stanionis, 928-213-2622, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Theriault, 928-213-2623, email@example.com
Record Request: To request records for a specific property contact Susan Alden, 928-213-2066, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request copies of current building permits, certificate of occupancy, zoning or planning questions, or to inquire if a property has applied for a permit, contact Tammy Bishop, 928-213-2611, email@example.com
Building Inspection, Complaints or Building without a Permit:
Bill Hastings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Inspection Manager
Inspection Request Line:
Dial 928-779-7631 and follow the prompts. Monday - Friday until 3:00pm to schedule inspections for the following day. Inspections called in by 3:00pm on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday. Only emergency inspections are performed on observed Holidays.
Plan Reviewer of the Day: Monday - 7:00am-4:00pm Doug Joseph, 928-213-2636, email@example.com
Tuesday - 7:00am-4:00pm Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday - 7:00am-4:00pm Patrick St. Clair, 928-213-2646, email@example.com
The Flagstaff City Council has adopted the following building codes with amendments:
2012 International Building Code
2012 International Plumbing Code
2012 International Fuel Gas Code
2012 International Existing Building Code
2011 National Electrical Code
1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
2012 International Residential Code
2012 International Mechanical Code
2009 International Energy Conservation Code
1997 Uniform Administrative Code
1997 Uniform House Code
2009 ICC A117-1 Accessible & Usable Buildings
Doing Business with Us
- When is a building permit needed?
- I need a Residential Permit application form
- I need a Commercial Permit application form
- I need an Over-the-Counter (plumbing, electrical, mechanical or roofing) Over-the-Counter Permit application
- I need a Manufactured-Factory Built Permit Application
- Over The Counter permits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (they have to be paid for and picked up in person)
- What are the minimum requirements for a Residential Permit submittal?
- What are the minimum requirements for a Commercial Permit submittal?
- Re-Submittal forms
- How do I schedule a Building Inspection
- Special Inspection Form
- Building Permit Estimation Fees
- What is required for a Demolition Permit?