A Regional Strategic Transportation Safety Plan (RSTSP) is being developed to reduce risk of death and serious injury on roadways by identifying and prioritizing hazards and hazard areas, and developing and implementing projects to mitigate the hazards. NACOG, the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO) and the Flagstaff Metropolitan Planning Organization (FMPO) are collaborating to develop the plan and are seeking input from the public in identifying hazards.
Some tasks that will be completed in the development of this plan include:
- Evaluation of transportation system safety
- Development of strategies and evaluation methods to prioritize safety needs
- Identification of areas of emphasis
- Identification and analysis of resources available to mitigate hazards
- Development of an implementation plan
- Identification, justification and eligibility analysis of potential mitigation projects
Links are provided to information that has already been compiled.
Community and stakeholder input is a crucial part of making this plan successful. There are a variety of ways to stay current and participate in this process (not sure how much you’ll be using your social media feeds or if you have an email signup for updates on this project):