Flagstaff, Ariz –The City of Flagstaff will enter Stage 3 Fire Restrictions effective May 23, 2018 at 8 a.m. Stage 2 Fire Restrictions have been in effect since May 4. Stage 1 Fire Restrictions have been in effect since April 27.
Stage One includes the following:
- No permits are issued for open burning within the City of Flagstaff.
- Use of charcoal barbecue grills is prohibited at Thorpe Park, McMillan Mesa Park, McPherson Park, Buffalo Park, Observatory Mesa, Picture Canyon Natural Area and private Campgrounds.
- No smoking at Thorpe Park, McMillan Mesa Park, McPherson Park, Buffalo Park, Disc Golf Courses, Flagstaff Urban Trail System (FUTS), Observatory Mesa or Picture Canyon Natural Area.
- Open fire pits and open flame devices (like chimineas) etc. are prohibited (even those with a spark arrestor screen) within the City of Flagstaff.
Stage Two includes the following:
The previous stage one restrictions remain in effect with the following additions:
- Charcoal grills are prohibited throughout the City of Flagstaff including all City Parks and private residences.
- No smoking at all remaining City parks and along the Flagstaff Urban Trail System (FUTS).
- Portable propane fire-ring type devices are prohibited in City Parks, but all other gas grills and portable gas stoves that have an on / off switch are still allowed in City parks and private campgrounds.
Stage 3 includes the following
The previous stage one and two restrictions remain in effect with the following additions:
- All open-flame devices even those with on/off switch are prohibited in all City parks and private campgrounds
- All gas grills and portable gas stoves that have an on/off switch are still allowed in private residences, although prohibited in City parks and private campgrounds.
The sale or use of consumer grade fireworks within the City is prohibited. The Flagstaff Police Department is expanding its patrol efforts in and around the community. Please help us keep our community and forests safe by following all bans and restrictions.
For more information on all fire restriction stages visit the city website at http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/2981/Fire-Restriction-Stages.