Visit recyclebycity.com/Flagstaff for a full list of recyclable items.
Acceptable Trash Guidelines
- Place all household trash in secured plastic bags to prevent spillage and to keep the container clean.
- Materials such as small trimmings and yard debris should fit easily into the container.
- Animal wastes should be wrapped in plastic bags and tied.
- Diabetic sharps such as needles and syringes must be placed in a sealed sturdy plastic container such as a laundry detergent container, sealed with duct tape, write "NOT recyclable" on the container-then the container is ready for disposal.
- View the full and proper guidelines sheet on
sharps / needledisposal.
- 150 pounds is the maximum weight when full.
- Lids should be closed.
Unacceptable Trash Items
The following materials should not be placed in trash containers. These materials can harm trash collectors, the equipment, and the environment.
- Liquids of any type - the trash in landfills must be as dry as possible.
- Hot coals, ashes or lit cigarettes.
- Building and construction debris -
dirt / rocks, tree trunks, carpets or large scraps.
- Furniture, appliances or auto parts - water heaters, major appliances,
couches / chairs, car bumpers, fenders, engine blocks, batteries, items over 50 pounds.
- Unwrapped sharp objects - broken glass should be well-wrapped in
newspaperbefore placing it in the trash.
- Household Hazardous Waste: CFLs, fluorescent linear lamps, paint, cleaning fluids, motor oil, insecticides, solvents, acids, gasoline, batteries, cell phones, electronics, televisions, mercury thermostats and thermometers, pool chemicals, highly flammable liquids, radioactive materials, gardening or toxic chemicals.
- Medical waste from home health care services may require special disposal - talk to your doctor or provider about disposal instructions.