Completed Area Plans & Other Specific Plans
Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030: Place Matters sets out an ambitious task for the City. It challenges us to "develop neighborhood plans, specific plans, area plans, and master plans for all neighborhoods, activity centers, corridors, and gateways, as necessary."
These plans bridge the gap between the broad goals and policies of the Regional Plan and the site-specific regulations in the Zoning Code. For a specific plan to be official City policy, it must be reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission and adopted by City Council.
Southside Community Specific Plan
The Flagstaff City Council adopted the Southside Community Plan on September 1, 2020 and it is effective beginning September 30, 2020. The Southside Community Plan is a result of nearly three years of working with the community to determine its vision, needs, solutions and policies to ensure new growth and development improves the neighborhood and honors its history and heritage by recognizing and retaining the unique character and cultural fabric of the Southside neighborhood.
- Southside Community Plan Volume 1: Goals, Policies and Strategies
- Southside Community Plan Volume 2: Concept Plan
- Southside Community Specific Plan Archive
Additionally, you can view and download the Final Site and Area Analysis. The Site and Area Analysis is not part of the official Southside Community Specific Plan, it does not contain any goals or policies. It exists as a snapshot of conditions, past and present, that influence policymaking and the trajectory forward for the Southside community.
High Occupancy Housing Specific Plan
The High Occupancy Housing (HOH) Specific Plan defines future patterns for this development type. HOH is defined as containing at least 30 units or 75 bedrooms per acre in dormitory or apartment-style units. This density typically results in mid-rise buildings between 3 and 6 stories. Public outreach began in July 2016 and the HOH Specific Plan was adopted by Council February 20, 2018.
- High Occupancy Housing Specific Plan (PDF) (effective date March 22, 2018)
- High Occupancy Housing Plan Archive
La Plaza Vieja Neighborhood Plan
Between 2008-2011, and again in 2014-2015, City Staff and the Neighborhood Association led an extensive public involvement process that included numerous visioning sessions, design charrettes, and policy discussions with the neighborhood. After a year-long update process, the Neighborhood Plan was recently finished and adopted unanimously by Council on October 20, 2015.
- La Plaza Vieja Neighborhood Specific Plan (PDF) (effective date November 19, 2015)
- La Plaza Vieja Project Archive
- La Plaza Vieja Character Overlay
Adopted Specific Plans
- Lone Tree Corridor Specific Plan (PDF) (2008 Draft to Council)
- Juniper Point Specific Plan (PDF) (2006)
- West Side Area Plan (PDF) (1999 and 1989)
- Flagstaff Greenways Master Plan (PDF) (1998)
- McMillan Mesa Area Plan (PDF) (1992)
- Woodlands Village Specific Plan (PDF) (1990)
- Canyon Del Rio Development Plan (PDF) (1984)