- Communication & Civic Engagement
- Public Records
To submit a public record request for City Documents not related to Police or Courts, click here.
- Click here for City Court Records
- Click here for Police Records
- Click here for Fire Department Records
- Click here for County Records such as Marriage/Divorce Records
The City Clerk's Office receives and responds to public records requests. Although the Freedom of Information Act does not apply to non-federal public agencies including the City of Flagstaff, Arizona Public Records Law does.
A.R.S. 39-121.03 states that any person may submit a request to examine or be furnished with copies of public records, and that the responding agency shall promptly respond to such requests. The time it takes to respond to your request will depend on the complexity of the request, volume of responsive documents, and other factors. Under Arizona Public Records Law, public agencies are not required to create new documents in order to respond to a request.
Arizona Public Records Law grants public agencies the authority to charge a reasonable copying fee for records, and to require payment in advance if needed. Public records can be examined at no cost during normal City business hours.
Pay your public records fee online
- Public Records Request Payments
- Telephone Payment Toll Free: (844) 323-8135
- Requests for Fire Department Records: Contact Fire Administration at 928-213-2500
- Requests for Marriage/Divorce Records: Contact the Coconino County Clerk of the Superior Court at 928-679-7600
- Requests for Police Records: Contact the Police Records section at 928-214-2530