About the Trail
The trail is aligned along the south side of John Wesley Powell Boulevard. A bicycle and pedestrian underpass at Lone Tree Road connects to a formal trailhead at the south end of the Lone Tree FUTS Trail. A short, disconnected section of this trail also exists between Pulliam Drive and Shamrell Way on the north side of J.W. Powell Boulevard.
- Shamrell Boulevard to end of J.W. Powell Boulevard (west segment)
- Lake Mary Road to end of J.W. Powell Boulevard (east segment)
- 2.0 miles | 3.2 kilometers (west)
- 0.4 mile | 0.7 kilometer (east)
- Concrete: 54% of the trail (1.3 miles | 2.1 kilometers)
- Asphalt: 46% of the trail (1.1 miles | 1.8 kilometers)
- Easy grades: 78% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 22% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (2,100 feet | 640 meters)
- Steep grades: None of the trail has grades between 10 and 15%
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 8%
- Low point: 6,925 feet | 2,111 meters
- High point: 7,016 feet | 2,138 meters
- Elevation range: 91 feet | 28 meters
Along the Way
- J.W. Powell Underpass
- Lone Tree Trailhead
The trail will be continued as new sections of J.W. Powell Boulevard are built; at the west end between Lake Mary Road and Fort Tuthill, and at the east end between the current end of the trail and Butler Avenue.
View photos of JWP Trail in the JWP Trail photo gallery.