About the Trail
The Northern Arizona University (NAU) Trail is a primary pedestrian and bicycle spine runs through the heart of the Northern Arizona University (NAU) campus, from Dupont Street on the north to McConnell Drive on the south. The trail can be very busy when NAU is in session, and along most of the trail bike and pedestrian traffic is separated.
At its south end the trail climbs a small hill, then drops down to the Sinclair Wash. This trail is operated and maintained by NAU.
- Dupont Street to McConnell Drive
- 1.1 miles | 1.8 kilometers
- Asphalt: 100% of the trail (1.1 miles | 1.8 kilometers)
- Easy grades: 84% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 15% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (900 feet | 274 meters)
- Steep grades: 1% of the trail has grades between 10 and 15% (50 feet | 15 meters)
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 11%
- Low point: 6,859 feet | 2,091 meters
- High point: 6,922 feet | 2,110 meters
- Elevation range: 63 feet | 19 meters
- Cumulative elevation gain/loss: 94 feet | 29 meters
Along the Way
- High Country Conference Center
- Northern Arizona University
View photos of NAU Trail in the NAU Trail photo gallery.