About the Trail
Ponderosa Trail is a long trail that winds its way through the southern part of Flagstaff from the intersection of Lake Mary Road and Beulah Boulevard to Pulliam Airport. The northern section of the trail follows the south side of Lake Mary Road. The middle section makes it way through the Ponderosa Trails neighborhood in a wide band of open space.
There are frequent side trail connections to and from the neighborhood through this section. The southern portion of the trail follows the west side of Pulliam Drive.
- Beulah Boulevard to J.W. Powell Boulevard
- 2.5 miles | 4.1 kilometers
- Concrete: 32% of the trail (0.8 mile | 1.3 kilometers)
- Asphalt: 68% of the trail (1.7 miles | 2.7 kilometers)
- Easy grades: 98% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 2% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (325 feet | 99 meters)
- Steep grades: None of the trail has grades between 10 and 15%
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 9%
- Low point: 6,889 feet | 2,100 meters
- High point: 7,016 feet | 2,138 meters
- Elevation range: 127 feet | 39 meters
- Cumulative elevation gain/loss: 202 feet | 62 meters
Along the Way
- Mountain Charter School
- Ponderosa Trails Park
- Pulliam Airport
View photos of Ponderosa Trail in the Ponderosa Trail photo gallery.