About the Trail
Switzer Wash Trail follows the Switzer Wash through an open space tract on the south side of Butler Avenue.
- Butler Avenue to the Foxglenn Trail
- Aggregate: 100% of the trail (0.4 mile | 0.7 kilometer)
- Easy grades: 100% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: None of the trail has grades between 5 and 10%
- Steep grades: None of the trail has grades between 10 and 15%
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 4%
- Low point: 6,785 feet | 2,068 meters
- High point: 6,797 feet | 2,072 meters
- Elevation range: 12 feet | 4 meters
- Cumulative elevation gain/loss: 33 feet | 10 meters
The trail will cross the intersection of Butler Avenue and Fourth Street and follow the wash to the north and west through an open space tract. An under-crossing is planned at I-40.
View photos of Switzer Wash Trail in the Switzer Wash Trail photo gallery.