About the Trail
Sunset Trail hugs the top of a rocky escarpment on the west edge of McMillan Mesa, through open meadows, oak thickets, and Ponderosa pines. There are great views all along the trail.
- Cedar Trail to Pine Cliff Drive
- Aggregate: 100% of the trail (0.6 mile | 1.0 kilometer)
- Easy grades: 00% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 00% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (000 feet | 000 meter)
- Steep grades: 00% of the trail has grades between 10 and 15%
- Very steep grades: 00% of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 00%
- Low point: 7,018 feet | 2,139 meters
- High point: 7,042 feet | 2,146 meters
- Elevation range: 24 feet | 7 meters
- Cumulative elevation gain/loss: 63 feet | 19 meters
View photos of Sunset Trail in Sunset Trail photo gallery.