- Home Page Links
- Housing Authority
Apply for Programs Online
Applicants can apply for all open waiting lists, but applicants must apply for each program separately:
- Flagstaff Housing West - Apply Now or Update Your Application (Location Map)
- One- to four-bedroom units
- 80% AMI or less
- One-bedroom has a preference for seniors or people with disabilities
- East Flagstaff Housing - Apply Now or Update Your Application (Location Map)
- List of commercial affordable housing
The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority administers the following programs:
- The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program - Opened September 1, 2021 at 8:30 am to applications
- The Public Housing Program - Open to applications
- The Housing Authority also manages Clark Homes, an affordable rental housing development - Open to applications
If you are seeking other services, review the Flagstaff Resource Guide available here. You can find information on immediate housing, emergency rental assistance, and utility assistance at our Emergency Housing page here and additional rental information on our Affordable Renting page here. The Housing Authority can be reached at email@example.com or (928) 213-2730.
Updates after Record Check
If you have already submitted your record request (background check), any changes should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 3481 N Fanning Drive, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 so they can be passed on to the program manager or case worker handling your file.
Seeking COVID-19 Information?
- Renter & Landlord Resources are available by clicking here.
- The COVID-19 Social Safety-Net Services Coalition Resource Guide is available here.
- City of Flagstaff COVID-19 information is available at flagstaff.az.gov/4299/COVID-19.
- Coconino County maintains an active page on COVID-19 at coconino.az.gov/2294/COVID-19-Information.
- If you are seeking support for your APS bill, see this press release.
- For vaccine information, go to coconino.az.gov/2547/Vaccine-Info.
Recurring Updates and Events for Residents & Voucher Holders
The Area Median Income (AMI) values are processed by the Department on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are updated in May. The current AMI chart is available here.
Flat Rent for Public Housing is updated in September and takes effect in October. Notices are included in the October newsletter to public housing residents. Current flat rent notice is available here.
The Payment Standard for Section 8 HCV is typically reviewed in September and implemented in October. Notice goes out with the winter Section 8 newsletter. Current Payment Standards are available on the Section 8 page.
The Utility Allowance for Public Housing is generally updated in December and is typically included in the January public housing newsletter.
- Housing Section Pamphlet
- City of Flagstaff Housing Authority Annual Plan for FY2022 (PDF)
- Flagstaff Affordable Housing Needs Assessment (from Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona)
- Housing Authority Five Year Plan 2020 and Presentation
- Reasonable Accommodation Form for Section 8
- Reasonable Accommodation Form for Low-Income Public Housing
- Step-by-Step Guide for Submitting the Alternate Contact Form (HUD Form 92006)
- Section 8 Security Deposit Assistance Program (SDAP) Policy (PDF)
- Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP) for Public Housing (PDF)
- Section 8 Administrative Plan (PDF)
- Clark Homes Tenant Selection Plan (TSP) and Continued Occupancy Policy (PDF)
The mission of the Flagstaff Housing Authority is to assist low-income families with safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities as they strive to improve the quality of their lives. The Housing Authority is committed to operating in an efficient, ethical, and professional manner. The Housing Authority will create and maintain partnerships with its clients and appropriate community organizations in order to accomplish this mission.
To contact the CFHA, email email@example.com or call (928) 213-2730. Changes to waiting list or participant files must be submitted via Haven Connect. If you have technical questions, contact Haven Connect.
Board of Commissioners Meetings
The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority is overseen by a board of commissioners. Meetings are typically the third Thursday of the month at 10:00 am. Residents of the City of Flagstaff and program participants (for whom certain seats are dedicated) are encouraged to apply. At this time, our meetings are remote via Microsoft Teams.
- If you would like to attend a board meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that the meeting link can be provided.
- Meeting agendas are available online. Meeting links are also found at the top of the agenda.
- Meeting minutes are archived online.
- Learn more at the Boards & Commissions page.
- Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP) for Public Housing - Effective October 17, 2020
- Housing Section Pamphlet
- Section 8 Administrative Plan
- Housing Authority Five Year Plan 2020 and Presentation
Maintenance: Public Housing and Clark Homes
News & Announcements
Applying for Services: Online Application
Flagstaff Housing Authority is now working with Haven Connect for applications LINK. Whether you are a new applicant, returning applicant, or maintaining you application, you can do so with Haven Connect.
If you wish to apply for Low-Income Public Housing, do so via the Haven Connect application:
- Brannen Homes - Apply Now or Update Application (Location Map)
- Siler Homes - Apply Now or Update Application (Location Map)
Contact Haven Connect for the following:
- Technical questions about updating your application
- Any questions about submitting your application online
- Haven Connect account creation
If you can’t find the answer in our FAQs, contact Flagstaff Housing Authority for the following:
- Questions about your preferences
- Where you are on the waitlist
- Property specific information
All applications for Public Housing must be filed electronically. Applicants are not required to come to the Housing Authority office to apply. Applicants can use any computer, tablet, or smart phone with internet access to apply, including free computers at public libraries, other social service agencies, or at the City of Flagstaff Housing Authority Office located at 3481 N Fanning Dr. Flagstaff, AZ 86004 during typical business hours.
If you are unable to file your application due to disability, please contact us as soon as possible to request a reasonable accommodation. You may write to us or come in to the office at 3481 N Fanning Drive, Flagstaff, Arizona 86004. You can also email the Housing Section or call (928) 213-2730. The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority will use the timestamp associated with this communication to establish your waiting list position.
Front Lobby Hours & COVID-19 Precautions
The Flagstaff Housing Authority lobby at 3481 N Fanning Drive, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 has reopened with new hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The public may still be asked to come to the office for meetings or briefings outside of these hours, however they will meet directly with CFHA staff person and be brought in by them.
Precautions regarding COVID-19 include:
- The recommendation to wear masks or other face coverings. This is not a requirement.
- If a member of the public is feeling unwell in advance of an appointment, the appointment can be rescheduled.
- Members of the public are encouraged to receive a vaccine. You can find vaccination locations here.
Rent: Rent can be paid during business hours or you may drop off rent in the mail slot or freestanding drop box at your specialist's office. If your payment results in a credit or balance due, you will be mailed a receipt.
Appointments: Coordinate with your specialist about upcoming appointments and read mailed/emailed notices carefully. You may call (928) 213-2730 or email email@example.com and directed to your specialist.
Change Reports/Interim Recertifications: Submit change reports via drop slot/box, email, or in person at your housing specialist's office. Change reports are available outside each office. Please report changes in a timely fashion. If you do not know your case worker's contact information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (928) 213-2730.
Applications and Document Deliveries: Documents can be delivered during business hours for review. Document reviews will not be available after 4:30 pm, though reviews and processing will continue for those that arrive before lobby closure.
Applicants: Applications are online at flagaz.myhousing.com. You can go to the My Housing Portal to maintain your application if you've already applied. Additional assistance can be provided by email email@example.com or calling (928) 213-2730 .
For the latest information on COVID-19, go to the Coconino County COVID-19 Collaborator Information page.
Section 8 is currently closed to applications
As of April 9, 2020, the Section 8 waiting list is closed to new applications. As was posted, we reached 1,500 applicants and subsequently closed.
The Section 8 waiting list will re-open when applicants with residency have been processed. The Flagstaff Housing Authority will publish this opening at least thirty (30) days in advance online, on our voicemail, with community partners, and in the local newspaper.