- Home Page Links
- Housing Authority
The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority administers the following programs, all of which are currently open to applications:
- The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program - Apply for Housing Choice Vouchers online
- The Public Housing Program - Apply for East Flagstaff Housing (Siler Homes) online and Apply for Flagstaff Housing West (Brannen Homes) online
- The Housing Authority also manages Clark Homes, an affordable rental housing development - Apply for Clark Homes online
If you are seeking other services, review the Flagstaff Resource Guide available here. You can find information on immediate housing, emergency rental assistance, and utility assistance at our Emergency Housing page here and additional rental information on our Affordable Renting page here. The Housing Authority can be reached at email@example.com or (928) 213-2730.
Seeking COVID-19 Information?
- Renter & Landlord Resources are available by clicking here.
- The COVID-19 Social Safety-Net Services Coalition Resource Guide is available here.
- City of Flagstaff COVID-19 information is available at flagstaff.az.gov/4299/COVID-19.
- Coconino County maintains an active page on COVID-19 at coconino.az.gov/2294/COVID-19-Information.
- If you are seeking support for your APS bill, see this press release.
- For vaccine information, go to coconino.az.gov/2547/Vaccine-Info.
Recurring Updates and Events for Residents & Voucher Holders
The Area Median Income (AMI) values are processed by the Department on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are updated in May. The current AMI chart is available here.
Flat Rent for Public Housing is updated in September and takes effect in October. Notices are included in the October newsletter to public housing residents. Current flat rent notice is available here.
The Payment Standard for Section 8 HCV is typically reviewed in September and implemented in October. Notice goes out with the winter Section 8 newsletter. Current Payment Standards are available on the Section 8 page.
The Utility Allowance for Public Housing is generally updated in December and is typically included in the January public housing newsletter.
- Housing Section Pamphlet
- City of Flagstaff Housing Authority Annual Plan for FY2022 (PDF)
- Flagstaff Affordable Housing Needs Assessment (from Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona)
- Housing Authority Five Year Plan 2020 and Presentation
- Public Housing Grievance Procedure (PDF)
- Reasonable Accommodation Form for Section 8
- Reasonable Accommodation Form for Low-Income Public Housing
- Section 8 Security Deposit Assistance Program (SDAP) Policy (PDF)
The mission of the Flagstaff Housing Authority is to assist low-income families with safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities as they strive to improve the quality of their lives. The Housing Authority is committed to operating in an efficient, ethical, and professional manner. The Housing Authority will create and maintain partnerships with its clients and appropriate community organizations in order to accomplish this mission.
Board of Commissioners Meetings
The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority is overseen by a board of commissioners. Meetings are typically the third Thursday of the month at 10:00 am. Residents of the City of Flagstaff and program participants (for whom certain seats are dedicated) are encouraged to apply. At this time, our meetings are remote via Microsoft Teams.
- If you would like to attend a board meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that the meeting link can be provided.
- Meeting agendas are available online. Meeting links are also found at the top of the agenda.
- Meeting minutes are archived online.
- Learn more at the Boards & Commissions page.
- Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP) for Public Housing - Effective October 17, 2020
- Housing Section Pamphlet
- Section 8 Administrative Plan
- Housing Authority Five Year Plan 2020 and Presentation
- Assistant Housing Director Caleb Alexander
- Administrative Specialist Dione Paul
- Administrative Specialist Brianna Gothe
- Compliance & Reporting Manager Kurt Aldinger
- General Housing Authority Email: email@example.com
- Finance Manager Tracey French
- Finance Specialist Susan Sletten
- Email Housing Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org
Low Income Public Housing & Clark Homes
- Housing Specialist Lead/Clark Homes Housing Specialist, Amanda Thomas
- Public Housing Specialist - West, Dan Turner
- Public Housing Specialist - East, Anna Cresap
- Section 8 Specialist Lead, Cherise Barreto-Aguilar
- Section 8 Housing Specialist, Alec Walsh
- Housing Navigator, Evette Estrada
- Occupancy Specialist, LaVera Honanie-Atokuku
- Email Section 8 Portability at email@example.com
Maintenance: Public Housing and Clark Homes
News & Announcements
Front Lobby Hours & COVID-19 Precautions
The Flagstaff Housing Authority lobby at 3481 N Fanning Drive, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 has reopened with new hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The public may still be asked to come to the office for meetings or briefings outside of these hours, however they will meet directly with CFHA staff person and be brought in by them.
Precautions regarding COVID-19 include:
- The recommendation to wear masks or other face coverings. This is not a requirement.
- If a member of the public is feeling unwell in advance of an appointment, the appointment can be rescheduled.
- Members of the public are encouraged to receive a vaccine. You can find vaccination locations here.
Rent: Rent can be paid during business hours or you may drop off rent in the mail slot or freestanding drop box at your specialist's office. If your payment results in a credit or balance due, you will be mailed a receipt.
Appointments: Coordinate with your specialist about upcoming appointments and read mailed/emailed notices carefully. You may call (928) 213-2730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and directed to your specialist.
Change Reports/Interim Recertifications: Submit change reports via drop slot/box, email, or in person at your housing specialist's office. Change reports are available outside each office. Please report changes in a timely fashion. If you do not know your case worker's contact information, email email@example.com or call (928) 213-2730.
Applications and Document Deliveries: Documents can be delivered during business hours for review. Document reviews will not be available after 4:30 pm, though reviews and processing will continue for those that arrive before lobby closure.
Applicants: Applications are online at flagaz.myhousing.com. You can go to the My Housing Portal to maintain your application if you've already applied. Additional assistance can be provided by email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (928) 213-2730 .
For the latest information on COVID-19, go to the Coconino County COVID-19 Collaborator Information page.
Applying for Services: Online Application
As of April 9, 2020, the Section 8 waiting list is closed to new applications. As was posted, we reached 1,500 applicants and subsequently closed.
If you wish to apply for Low-Income Public Housing, you can access the online pre-application athttps://flagaz.myhousing.com/. All applications for Public Housing must be filed electronically. Applicants are not required to come to the Housing Authority office to apply. (See also the above office restrictions.) Applicants can use any computer, tablet, or smart phone with internet access to apply, including free computers at public libraries, other social service agencies, or at the City of Flagstaff Housing Authority Office located at 3481 N Fanning Dr. Flagstaff, AZ 86004 during typical business hours.
If you are unable to file your application due to disability, please contact us as soon as possible to request a reasonable accommodation. You may write to us or come in to the office at 3481 N Fanning Drive, Flagstaff, Arizona 86004. You can also email the Housing Department. The City of Flagstaff Housing Authority will use the timestamp associated with this communication to establish your waiting list position. You may also contact Caleb Alexander at 928-213-2738 for support.
About 24 hours after you apply, applicants can register using their confirmation number and update their file athttps://flagaz.myhousing.com/Account/Login. While email is our primary means of communicating to applicants, applicants will be contacted at their mailing address on file before being removed if they fail to respond to online notices.
Clark Homes continues to accept only paper applications at this time. You can apply in person, Monday through Thursday, 8 am to noon and 1 pm to 6 pm, or on Friday, 8 am to noon If you would like an application be mailed to you, contact Amanda Thomas at email@example.com or by mail to 980 N Thorpe Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. For more information on Clark Homes, click here.
If you have other questions, you can contact the Housing Authority at Housing Authority email or at 928-213-2730 during typical business hours.