Applying for Clark Homes
- Clark Homes - Apply now or Update Application (Location Map)
- One- to four-bedroom units
- 50% AMI or less
- If you have technical issues, contact Contact Haven Connect.
Updates after Record Check
If you have already submitted your record request (background check), any changes should be reported directly to the Clark Homes Housing Specialist:
- Email Amanda Thomas and provide updated information; include your name and date of birth.
- Write to Clark Homes, 980 N Thorpe Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 providing updated information in your letter; include your name and date of birth.
- Deliver a written statement to 980 N Thorpe Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 with your name and date of birth as well as any changes you wish to submit.
Who is Eligible for Clark Homes?
Clark Homes is limited to low-income families and individuals. CFHA determines waiting list preference by points and eligibility based on:
- Income Qualified Requirement: Households can earn no more than 50% AMI.
- Adult Screening Requirement: All adults must pass a criminal screening.
- Credit Check Requirement: Households must pass relevant credit checks.
- One Bedroom Elderly or Disabled Requirement: One-bedroom homes are available only to households with a member that has a disability or is 62 or older.
- Residency (2 points): An applying adult lives, works, or attends school in Flagstaff or receives regular medical care in Flagstaff.
- Underhoused (1 point): Applying family lives with another family in their home, has more than two people per bedroom, pays over 40% of income for rent and utilities, or is homeless.
- Fleeing Violence (1 point): If an adult lives in a situation where physical violence is occurring or is truly homeless and fled their last permanent residence to escape actual physical violence.
If you are eligible, the Housing Authority will check your references to make sure you and your family will be good tenants. The Housing Authority will deny admission to any applicant whose habits and practices may be expected to have a detrimental effect on other tenants or on the project’s environment.
How can I check my Waiting List status?
Status updates cannot be given out over the phone. You can check your status by logging into your Haven Connect profile and checking your status.
Contact Haven Connect for the following:
- Technical questions about updating your application
- Any questions about submitting your application online
- Haven Connect account creation
If you can’t find the answer in our FAQs, contact Flagstaff Housing Authority for the following:
- Questions about your preferences
- Where you are on the waitlist
- Property specific information
It is important that your application maintain up-to-date information through regular updates.
What is Clark Homes?
Clark Homes is an affordable rental property, managed by the City of Flagstaff Housing Authority. Clark Homes has 1 to 4 bedroom homes available. Clark Homes strives to be a drug-free and crime-free community that is safe and comfortable for families of all sizes.
Clark has a skilled maintenance crew on staff to respond to any maintenance needs residents may experience. Units are inspected regularly to ensure that they are in compliance with federal health and safety regulations, and all maintenance needs are taken care of.
How is rent determined?
Residents’ monthly rent is based on the family’s anticipated gross annual income less deductions, if any. Annual income is the anticipated total income from all sources received from the family head and spouse, and each additional member of the family 18 years of age or older. Rent is 30% of the monthly adjusted income.
Are Utilities included in rent payments?
Clark Homes pays for water, sewage and trash.
How long can families stay in Clark Homes?
In general, residents may stay in Clark Homes as long as they comply with the lease.
If you have additional questions, contact Housing Specialist Amanda Thomas or Housing Manager Kurt Aldinger.
980 North Thorpe Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Clark Homes Housing Specialist/Housing Specialist Lead
Email Amanda Thomas
Clark Homes Program Manager
Email Kurt Aldinger
When do I need to report changes?
All changes in employment, income, and household composition must be reported within ten (10) days. Submit changes via email to Amanda Thomas or in writing to:
980 N Thorpe Rd
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Change reports cannot be filed over the phone.
How do I submit a work order?
In order to submit a work order, call the main office at (928) 213-2731. Be sure to include your name, phone number, address, and a description of your maintenance issues. A maintenance staff person will respond to your request as soon as they are able.