- Management Services
- Direct Deposit Information
Direct Deposit Information
Signing up for Direct Deposit
All direct deposit forms submitted must include a voided check for each account. If you do not have a check, please obtain a form from your bank, listing your account and bank routing numbers.
Direct deposit is safe, confidential, and convenient. Using direct deposit has a number of benefits:
- Have your pay sent to the financial institution(s) of your choice – up to three different accounts.
- It can save you trips to the bank and help you avoid long lines at tellers or ATMs.
- Your money is automatically deposited into your account on time, every time – and you don't have to be at work – or even in town.
- Direct Deposit payments never get lost or stolen.
- Direct deposit is confidential. Money is transferred electronically and passes through fewer hands than a check.
- Problems with direct deposit, which are rare, are resolved more quickly than problems with paper checks.
- Direct deposit gives you access to your money earlier than check deposits. There is no waiting for checks to clear.
- Direct deposit puts you in charge of your money. Financial planners recommend direct deposit as on step towards gaining control of your finances.
- Direct deposit is a smart way to help the environment. Each year, checks use more than 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO2 to the environment as they travel through the payment cycle.
To sign up for direct deposit complete the form located here (Wage Payment Election and Consent Form) or in person at the Human Resources Department. You'll need to know the routing number and your bank account number. If you aren't sure, please contact your bank in order to be certain the information is accurate.
If you have questions or need more information, email the Payroll Department or call 928-213-2200