Case No. PZ -19-00127 Updates to Zoning Code 2019 - Mixed Use - Updated 06/18/2019
Case No. PZ-19-00169 Updates to Zoning Code 2019 - Telecommunication Facilities (ON HOLD).
Email Comments and Question:
Previously Approved Amendments:
Staff is currently working on several different amendments to the Zoning Code. Below is a summary of these amendments.:Upcoming Zoning Code Amendments that are Planned:
- Miscellaneous modifications to address a series of technical corrections, resolve conflicts, clarify requirements, etc.
- Modifications to implement the goal, policies, and implementation strategies of the .
- Modifications to implement a series of public requests to amend the Zoning Code related to rock outcropping, seeping springs, wild life corridors, and prairie dogs.
Proposed New Amendments Open for Public Comment (Click on the links below):
- Case No. PZ-19-00124 Updates to Zoning Code 2019 - High Occupancy Housing Land Use (Updated 02/28/2020)
- Open House Meeting February 13, 2020
- Walk-in Office Hours February 14, 2020
- Planning Commission Work Session - February 26, 2020
- Potential Planning Commission Work Session - April 22, 2020
- Potential City Council Work Session - May 5, 2020
- Potential Planning Commission Hearing - May 27, 2020
- Potential City Council 1st Hearing - June 16, 2020
- Potential City Council 2nd Hearing - July 7, 2020
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
East Flagstaff Community Library – Community Room
3000 N Fourth St #5, Flagstaff, Arizona
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m
Flagstaff City Hall – City Council Conference Room
211 W Aspen Ave, first floor, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Case No. PZ-19-00248 Updates to Zoning Code 2020 - Outdoor Lighting Requirements
- Potential Planning Commission Work Session - March, 2020
- Potential Planning Commission Hearing - Fall, 2020
- Potential City Council Work Session - Fall, 2020
- Case No. PZ-19-00125 Updates to Zoning Code 2020 - Miscellaneous Part 1 - Updated 02/13/2020
- Planning Commission Work Session - January 22, 2020
- Potential Planning Hearing - February 26, 2020
- City Council Work Session - March 10, 2020
- Potential City Council 1st Hearing - April 21, 2020
- Potential City Council 2nd Hearing - May 5, 2020
- Case No. PZ-19-00187 Lake Mary and I-17 Rural to Urban Floodplain
- Planning Commission Work Session - January 8, 2020
- Planning Commission Hearing - January 22, 2020
- City Council Work Session - February 18, 2020
- City Council Hearing - March 17, 2020
- City Council Hearing - April 7, 2020
- Planning Commission Work Session - June 28, 2019
- Planning Commission Work Session - August 14, 2019
- Planning Commission Work Session - On Hold
- City Council Work Session - January 14, 2020
Email Comments and Question:
Comments and questions may be emailed to:
Dan Symer, AICP
Recently Approved Amendments (Click on the links below):
- See items 12, 13, and 14 below.
Previously Approved Amendments:
- Division 10-20.50 (Amendments to the Zoning Code Text and the Zoning Map): adopted on November 5, 2013, Ord. No. 2013-21. These amendments established a new process and procedure for zone changes.
- Section 10-50.100.080.E (Flagstaff Mall and Marketplace District): adopted on November 5, 2013, Ord. No. 2013-22. These amendments allowed for the installation of a new monument sign for the Flagstaff Mall and Marketplace District.
- Division 10-50.100 (Sign Standards): adopted on November 18, 2014, Ord. No. 2014-27. These amendments to the City's sign standards addressed concerns from the City Council and local residents with the complexity of the former sign standards, especially for building mounted signs, and for the proliferation of temporary signs within the City.
- Division 10-20.100 (Assurance of Performance for Construction): adopted on March 4, 2015, Ord. No. 2015-01. These amendments updated the standards and procedures regarding assurances for construction.
- Section 10-40.30.050 (Industrial Uses) and Sections 10-80.20.060 (Definitions, “F.”) and 10-80.20.200 (Definitions, “T.”): adopted on May 5, 2015, Ord. No. 2015-03. These amendments to the industrial zones, Table B, Allowed Uses and in the definitions clarify that freight and trucking facilities are a permitted use in the RD (Research and Development Zone.
- Comprehensive suite of amendments throughout the Zoning Code under Ordinance 2016-07 adopted on February 16, 2016 comprising mostly minor clarifications and corrections, but also some significant amendments to Section 10-40.40.030 to allow single-family dwellings and duplexes by right in the CC Zone, Section 10-40.60.260 (Mixed Use) and 10-40.60.280 (Planned Residential Development), Section 10-50.80.080 (Parking Spaces, Parking Lot Design and Layout) and in Division 10-50.110 to add two new building types; apartment building and stacked triplex.
- Division 10-50.100 (Sign Standards): adopted on June 21, 2016, Ord. No. 2016-22. These amendments reconciled the sign standards with the US Supreme Court’s decision in the Reed v. Town of Gilbert.
- Series of amendments adopted April 4, 2017 as Ord. 2017-10. The amendments included: Section 10-50.80.080.C (ADA Parking), clarifying the depth of an ADA parking space; Sections 10-40.60.030, 10-80.20.010 (ADU's) created a definition for Attached and Detached ADU's, created standards for the attachment, and clarified the required amenities; Sections 10-40.30, and 10-40.40, 10-50.80 and 10-80.20.160 (Places of Worship), created a definition and land use classification for places of worship, and permit the use in all zones; and Section 10-90.40.030 (Rural Floodplain Map), revised the rural floodplain map back to the boundaries of the 1991 map.
- Series of amendments adopted December, 19 2017 as Ord. 2017-31 primarily to the Transect zone related standards.
- A modification to the Section 10- 50.100.100 Sign Districts of Special Designation to add the West University Drive Entrance District sign district and related provisions. Adopted March 13, 2018. Ord. No. 2018-14
- A modification to the approval process for a Conditional Use Permit to allow the City Council to review the decision of the Planning and Zoning Commission, including the ability to uphold, approve, or deny a Conditional Use Permit.
- A series of amendments adopted on July 2, 2019 as Ord. 2019-22 and Res. 2019-31 primarily pertaining to in the Industrial Zones and the addition of Indoor Commercial Recreation land use to the Light Industrial (LI) zone.
- A series of amendments pertaining to Accessory Dwelling Units was adopted on November 5, 2019 as Ord. 2019-31 and Res. 2019-48.
- A series of miscellaneous amendments were adopted on November 5, 2019 as Ord. 2019-31 and Res. 2019-48. to incorporate technical, enforcement, and cross reference corrections, clarifications, and modifications.