Active Transportation Master Plan
The City of Flagstaff is working on an Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) to serve as a detailed guide to enhancing walking and biking in Flagstaff. The ATMP includes detailed information regarding pedestrian and bicycle accommodation, and establishes a series of goals, policies, and strategies to support walking and biking.
Walking and biking are important to Flagstaff. This master plans will make specific recommendations for strategies, actions, projects, and programs to improve the pedestrian and bicycle environment and implement the goals and policies of the Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030 regarding walking, biking, and trails.
Click on this link to download the draft ATMP, which was released for public review on September 13, 2021.
A community survey will be available at the Flagstaff Community Forum for the duration of the 60-day public review period, until November 19, 2021 Click here to take the survey.
Public Engagement Plan
The Public Engagement Plan describes the process for preparation and adoption of the ATMP and outlines how the community and stakeholders will be engaged as part of the process. Significant public engagement has already been conducted in support of the ATMP, and additional outreach will be conducted throughout the 60-day public review period. Scroll to the bottom of this page for opportunities to get involved and stay engaged.
- WP01: Existing plans and policies
- WP02: Mode share information and trends
- WP03: Pedestrian and bicycle crash data
- WP04: Walking and biking survey results
- Bicycle Friendly Community Survey
- Flagstaff Trails Initiative - Trails Survey
- FUTS Trail Users Survey
- Goals and Strategies Survey
- Milton Road Walking and Biking Survey
- PedBikeWays Survey
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Project Survey Results
- RTP Surveys - Walking and Biking Results
- Walking and Biking Survey
How to Get Involved
There are a variety of ways to stay current and participate in this process:
- Attend an ATMP Open House, either in-person or virtually. Open Houses will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 6:00-7:00 PM, online via Zoom.
- Thursday, October 7, 2021 6:30-7:30 PM, online via Zoom.
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Bushmaster Park.
- 3150 N Alta Vista Drive.
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 12:00-1:00 PM, online via Zoom.
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 5:30-6:30 PM, online via Zoom.
- Receive email updates and notices via the Notify Me function on the City's website. Sign up for Bicycle Advisory Committee, Pedestrian Advisory Committee, or Flagstaff Urban Trails System lists
- Follow postings of interest on the FUTS Facebook page
- Participate in discussions and information regarding the master plan at the regular monthly meeting of the City's Pedestrian Advisory Committee and Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Watch for periodic citizen surveys regarding transportation on the Flagstaff Community Forum
- Contact staff directly at 928-213-2685 or by email