Be a Good Neighbor
Hello Flagstaff Neighbors!
Northern Arizona University and the City of Flagstaff welcome you!
Whether you've lived here for decades or are new in town, we want to ensure that living in Flagstaff is a positive experience for you and your neighbors. Thank you for being a part of this amazing community!
Neighborhoods are the backbone of every community - where people live, play, go to school, interact with their neighbors, and work. Flagstaff's diversity and vitality are all rooted in its neighborhoods, some historical and some new. When citizens become active members of their neighborhood, or a neighborhood association forms and neighbors work together - many great things can happen! Learn about neighborhood resources in Flagstaff.
- Get off on the right foot: you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Introduce yourself and exchange phone numbers as soon as possible.
- Keep in mind your neighbor's lifestyle and schedule might differ from yours.
- If a problem arises, address it in a timely manner. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Neighbors watching out for each other makes for a safer neighborhood.
- Knowing your neighbor leads to easier resolutions to conflicts and issues.
- You can take turns shoveling snow and watering plants. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Let your neighbors know in advance if you're having people over, and give them a number to reach you at.
- Make sure your guests are parking in correct places and that their actions are respectful of your neighbors.
- Make sure you're up to date on the City's noise, party and parking ordinances.
- If you see something, say something. Learn how to recognize a dangerous situation and take steps to prevent sexual assault.
- Gatherings of five people or more that are a threat to the peace, health safety and welfare of others are subject to a $250 first-offense fine.
- Find information about a "Nuisance Party" @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>