Commercial Rebates Program
The Commercial Rebate Program provides rebates for water efficient fixture upgrades to toilets and urinals at the rates listed in the table below. Rebates are limited to 50% of the cost of the device excluding labor, tax, shipping, and other costs. Businesses may also choose to receive free showerheads, aerators, and pre-rinse spray valves from a pre-approved list of WaterSense certified devices. Please contact Water Conservation staff at (928) 213-2116 or SaveWater@flagstaffaz.gov to request one or more of these free devices.
|Water Conservation Measures (gpm = gallons/min)||Rebate Amount||Potential Water Savings|
|High Efficiency Sink Aerator (Bathroom: 0.5gpm; Kitchen: 2.2gpm)||Free
|High Efficiency Showerhead (1.5gpm)||Free||2,700 gallons/year|
|Pre-Rinse Spray Valve (1.28gpm)||Free||7,000 gallons/year|
|Commercial Toilet (1.28 gal/flush or lower)||$86 or 50% of
the project cost
|Hotel Toilet (1.28 gal/flush or lower)||$158 or 50% of
the project cost
|Commercial Urinal (0.125 gal/flush or lower)||$157 or 50% of
the project cost
If applicant wants to purchase own "FREE" items (must be WaterSense certified), Water Conservation will rebate these items at the prices listed below:
- Aerators: $0.67;
- Showerheads: $4.00;
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves: $24.00
Customized Project Rebates: For items not listed on the pre-approved menu above, Water Conservation staff will review applications on a case-by-case basis. All projects will be capped at 50% of real product costs, excluding labor, tax, shipping, and other costs, OR a rebate rate of $0.05/gallon of water saved, whichever is less.
- Applicant must be the property owner or a representative of the property owner.
- Must have an active water utility account with the City of Flagstaff.
- Water Conservation Staff must deem the project eligible and within the scope of the existing business process - conversion cannot be a change in the business type or product type.
The following steps must be completed with Water Conservation staff and the property representative.
- Schedule a virtual or in-person pre-inspection with Water Conservation staff by calling (928) 213-2116 or emailing Savewater@flagstaffaz.gov.
- Take photographs of old fixtures/devices in place.
- Replace fixtures and take photographs of new fixtures in place.
- Fill out and submit a completed application, W-9 Form, receipts, and photographs to Water Rebates.
- Schedule a virtual or in-person post-inspection.
- Receive rebate! May be provided as a check or as a credit to your bill.
Additional Terms of the Commercial Rebate Program
- All converted devices must be EPA WaterSense certified.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- If an application is rejected, a written notice to the applicant will be sent with an explanation.
- Program funding is limited.
Customer Type Annual rebate limit per property Multifamily residential $5,000 Commercial (general) $5,000 Hotels $5,000 Restaurants $1,000
- The project must be completed within one calendar year.
- An applicant may apply multiple years, but on a rotating basis.
- The applicant is responsible for complying with all laws, policies, codes, and ordinances that may apply to construction and device replacement.
- Rebates may be considered taxable income; therefore, every applicant must provide a current W-9 form prior to receiving the rebate.
- Projects must be sustained for at least 5 years or transfer of property title, whichever comes first. If the equipment requires replacement prior to 5 years, it must be replaced with equipment of equal or greater water efficiency. If this requirement is not met, customer may be required to refund rebate back to City of Flagstaff.