Fir Avenue Water Main Replacement
The general project scope includes demolition work, installation of 3,062 LF of new water main, 26 water services, 6 fire hydrants, match up asphalt for pavement patches, concrete curb and gutter, concrete driveway approaches and sidewalks. This project is part of the City’s ongoing infrastructure replacement program.
- Cost: $577,804 plus contractor allowance of $43,335.30
- Location: Mesa Drive and Fir Avenue in the Mt. Elden Park Subdivision, north of Flagstaff Medical Center
- Project Manager: Trevor Henry
- Timeline: June 2020 to October 2020
- Contractor: Mountain High Excavation
2020 Periodic Updates
- The final acceptance letter for the project is close to being issued. The contractor has given notice that the final punch list has been completed; City staff needs to review and confirm. Record Drawings have been received and are under review. ADEQ Approval of Construction will be submitted to ADEQ in the next few weeks.
- Asphalt pavement was placed in the trench patches for 1/3 of the project limits.
- New water service lines were connected to existing meters for the entire project.
- Project restoration measures have started for the project limits.
Project restoration in the natural area between Mesa and Fir Avenue
- Notices of water shutdowns have been distributed per the City’s approved protocol.
- New infrastructure will reduce failures of the existing water system resulting in flooding of private properties downstream of Fir Avenue and Mesa Drive.
- New infrastructure will also reduce the costly operation and maintenance of the existing water system by minimizing breaks and material failures.
- 8” waterline installation continues in Mesa Drive.
- Approximately 850 feet has been installed with backfill.
- Associated water service taps have been installed on the new main along Mesa Dr.
- Notice to Procced was issued for July 6, 2020.
- Mountain High Excavating setup traffic control for the project construction area.
- Potholing efforts and pre-construction investigation are underway.
- All residents have been contacted by the project team.