Cinder Lake Landfill
Starting January 2, 2020 all vehicles with trailers will weigh in and out on scale side. Pricing will remain the same, which includes charging $45.75 per ton for City and County residential loads that weight more than 1 ton.
Changes Due to COVID-19
Effective March 19, 2020, Updated August 7, 2020
March 25, 2020 No Longer Accepting Cash or Checks [Updated May 29, 2020]
As part of the City of Flagstaff's efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus, Cinder Lake Landfill will no longer accept cash payments until further notice. This change is being implemented out of an abundance of caution and to help limit the potential exposure and spread of COVID-19 among customers and employees. The following payments will be accepted:
- Apple Pay
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Google Pay
- Rechargeable cash cards
- Samsung Pay
Failure to follow any of the following rules may result in being prohibited from entering the site in the future:
- Obey all posted signs and Landfill personnel at all times.
- No speeding. The speed limit is 10 miles per hour on the entire landfill property except where a lower limit is posted. The landfill is a working industrial site and speeding puts everyone at risk.
- Do not pass moving vehicles. Maintain safe following distances.
- Keep safe distance from other vehicles while unloading and remain within 6 feet of your vehicle.
- Seat belts must be worn in moving vehicles at all times.
- Cell phone use is prohibited when customers are on or beyond the scales.
- Uneven surface watch your step. Proper footwear recommended (no open-toed shoes).
- Small children and pets are welcome at the landfill, however they must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Scavenging is strictly prohibited at the Cinder Lake Landfill. Scavenging can include but is not limited to:
- Removing any item that is put into the landfill
- Removing any item from the recycling areas
- Removing items from the Hazardous Products Center that are not on the recycling shelf
- Removing any item that is the property of or part of the Cinder Lake Landfill.
- No smoking on the landfill. Smoldering material of any kind is not accepted due to the risk of fire.
- No abusive behavior - verbal or physical - against landfill employees or customers will not be tolerated.
Additional Rules for Contractors
- Commercial customers may clean out hoppers turn boxes and remove/replace tarps in designated areas only.
- Safety gear is to be worn at all times, including appropriate footwear, high-visibility vests and hardhats when outside of the vehicle.