Bulky Waste Collection Program
Bulky waste collection services are provided to all single-family households within Flagstaff city limits. Bulky waste collection is currently performed in five geographic sections throughout the city once every five weeks per the map and schedule that can be downloaded here.
Pick-ups begin Mondays at 6 am in a neighborhood within the section and continue through all of the neighborhoods within the designated section throughout the week until the last neighborhood in each section is completed. We cannot give an exact date or time in which pick-up will occur in each neighborhood because scheduling is determined by the time spent picking up the previous neighborhood.
Rules and Guidelines
- Please make sure your bulk items are placed at the curb no sooner than one week prior to the start date and no later than 6 am on the Monday of your bulky waste collection week.
- Do not block the sidewalk with bulk items. Place bulky trash on the yard side of the sidewalk or on the parkway (the area between the curb and the sidewalk).
- Please keep piles neatly organized and no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet by 5 feet.
- Due to the rising cost of fuel, and the impact on the environment, we prefer not to return to a neighborhood once it is completed. However, we will return to your residence if you agree to pay the Special Bulk Pickup fee of $114.15 /half hour to cover fuel and labor. Remember, this service can be ordered at any time, not just during your bulk pickup week.
- The following items are unacceptable in the bulky waste collection program: disposable or unwanted material resulting from construction, repair, or demolition of the premises, large auto parts such as engines, transmissions, and axles, tires, used oil, and rocks, soil, soil-like and concrete materials, dead animals, queen and king size mattresses, plate glass, mirrors, hazardous waste, chemicals, liquids, and appliances containing refrigerant/ freon.
- Please consider donating bulky waste items to a local thrift or reuse store for items that continue to have remaining life. Learn more at https://www.flgrethinkwaste.org/.
- For questions related to bulky waste collection, please contact Solid Waste Collections at SolidWasteSolutions@flagstaffaz.gov or 928-213-2110.
|Extra Trash||Bagged, boxed, or bundled (non-putrescible)|
|Small Furniture||Must be neatly stacked at curb|
|Tree Limbs||Tree limbs that are less than 5 feet long and no more than 6 inches in diameter|
|Yard Debris||Bagged, boxed, or bundled in no more than four-foot lengths and under 35 pounds|
|Appliances or TV||To schedule an appliance or TV pick-up Email the Solid Waste Program.|
|Ashes||Cold ashes must be taken to the Cinder Lake Landfill 928-213-2125|
|Construction materials||Order a dumpster by Email the Solid Waste Program.|
|Electronics including televisions, computer towers, monitors and peripherals||To schedule a TV pick-up, contact Solid Waste by email at Solid Waste Program. All other electronics must be taken to the Hazardous Products Center for proper recycling and disposal.|
|Hazardous Waste (paint, oil, anti-freeze, etc.)||Hazardous waste is not acceptable for bulk trash, normal trash, or recycling service. Hazardous waste must be taken to the Hazardous Products Center.|
|Items over 50 pounds||Queen- and king-sized mattresses, recliners, and sleeper sofas. These items will need to be hauled to the Cinder Lake Landfill 928-213-2125.|
|Tires||Tire disposal is through the Coconino County Waste Tire Yard, located at|
5701 East Penstock
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Tires are only accepted on Wednesdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm. For more information, please call 928-526-2735.