- The Sustainability Commission consists of seven Council-appointed citizens. The commission serves in an advisory and working capacity to recommend and coordinate activities in concert with the Flagstaff Sustainability Program. View the ordinance that established the Commission (PDF).
- The Sustainability Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of each month, at 4:30 pm
- Among the Commission's directives are the promotion of sustainable practices in all spheres of life and educating Flagstaff citizens. The City of Flagstaff wishes to thank the members of the Commission for their dedication.
The Sustainability Commission is currently meeting online, as all in-person Commission meetings have been suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Commission is meeting via Microsoft Teams.
- The next Commission meeting will be held on Thursday, September 23, from 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Members of the public can join the Commission meeting via Microsoft Teams at 4:30 pm on January 28, 2020
Current Commission Members
- David R. McCain, Chair
- Kevin White, Vice Chair
- Eli Chamberlain
- Ariel Coffey
- John Dailey
- Kristin Kauffman
- Kristen Konkel
Apply to Serve on the Sustainability Commission
All City commission members must live within City limits at the time of their appointment and for the full duration of their term in office. Appointments are approved at public meetings and individuals are selected solely at the discretion of the City Council. The members of the City's boards and commissions are appointed by the City Council to three-year terms.
If you are interested in applying to become a Sustainability commissioner, visit this website to access the application.
Meetings, Agendas & Minutes
Sustainability Commission meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of every month at 4:30 pm in Council Chambers on the first floor of Flagstaff City Hall. View the Arizona Attorney General's Office Agency Handbook regarding Open Meeting Law.
- Email us to sign up for meeting and agenda announcements
Presenting to or Contacting the Commission
- If you would like to contact the Commission, please email the Sustainability Staff Liaison.
- If you would like to present to the Commission, please fill out a work item form (PDF) and email it to the sustainability staff liaison.