City of Flagstaff
June 22, 2021
For Immediate Release
City of Flagstaff enters Stage Four fire restrictions
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz– The city of Flagstaff will enter Stage Four fire restrictions at 8 a.m. on June 23, 2021 in an effort to reduce the potential for unintentional human-caused wildfires within the city limits. The city of Flagstaff cooperates with local, county, state and federal fire management agencies to ensure a coordinated effort is made in fire restrictions actions across jurisdictions.
Stage Four includes all the restrictions of the preceding stages and adds the following:
- All outdoor grills (including those with an on/off switch) are prohibited throughout the city of Flagstaff. This includes propane gas, charcoal, pellet, and any open flame grills.
- The following trail sections of the Flagstaff Urban Trails System (FUTS) that provide an entrance into the Coconino National Forest will close: Mars Hill, Tunnel Springs, Little America, Arizona Trail, Sinclair Wash, Pipeline Trail, Switzer Canyon and the Sheeps Crossing off Pulliam trail.
- Public entry/use of Observatory Mesa and Picture Canyon City Open Space lands, unless part of a group event sanctioned/supervised by Open Space staff members and/or other city staff is prohibited. This does not preclude access for Law Enforcement, Fire, or other staff in the conduct of official duties.
Stages One through Three include the following additional restrictions:
- No permits are issued for open burning within the city of Flagstaff.
- No smoking in public places within city limits which includes parks, open-space, and cemeteries.
- Open fire pits and open flame devices are prohibited (including those with a spark arrestor screen) within the city of Flagstaff.
- The sale or use of consumer-grade fireworks within the city is prohibited.
The Flagstaff Fire Department and Police Department expanded patrol efforts in and around the community. Please help us keep our community and forests safe by following all bans and restrictions.
For more information on all fire restriction stages visit the city website at http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/2981/Fire-Restriction-Stages.