Prior to the Nov. 8, 2022 election, each household with a registered voter will receive an informational pamphlet that includes arguments for and against proposed questions that have a local impact. Any person interested in submitting an argument is required to do so before 5p.m., Arizona time on Aug. 10, 2022.
The questions are as follows:
Question 1: To address infrastructure needs for the City of Flagstaff, shall the City of Flagstaff be authorized to issue and sell general obligation bonds in a principal amount up to $57,285,000 for the purpose of:
- replacing wildfire suppression engines and water tankers;
- increasing capacity of flood waters within Spruce Wash;
- increasing wastewater treatment capacity at wastewater treatment facilities; and
- implementing energy efficiency upgrades at wastewater treatment facilities?
Question 2: To create rental and homeownership opportunities for residents of Flagstaff, shall the City of Flagstaff be authorized to issue and sell general obligation bonds in a principal amount up to $20,000,000 for the purpose of:
- redeveloping City owned housing to create additional affordable rental units;
- repurposing existing available buildings into rental units;
- incentivizing the private sector to incorporate affordable rental housing into new developments; and
- expanding the homebuyer assistance program?
Each argument filed shall not exceed 300 words and must contain the sworn statement of each person sponsoring it; if the argument is submitted by an organization, it shall contain the sworn statement of two executive officers of the organization or if submitted by a political committee it shall contain the sworn statement of the committee’s chairman or treasurer. If the argument is submitted by an individual and not on behalf of an organization, a political committee or any other group, the person shall submit the argument with a sworn, notarized statement. The person or persons signing the argument shall identify themselves by giving their residence address and a telephone number, which shall not appear in the pamphlet. Any argument that is submitted that does not comply with the above requirements may not be included in the pamphlet.
Arguments to either of the two questions must be submitted to Stacy Saltzburg, City Clerk, electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m., Arizona time on Aug. 10, 2022.
Please contact the City Clerk at 928-213-2076 with questions. For more information, visit https://www.flagstaff.az.gov/2105/Elections .