As part of the Spruce Wash Improvements Grandview Drive Reconstruction Project Utility Phase, crews will be installing sewer utilities across Cedar Avenue, necessitating a full nighttime closure of part of Cedar Avenue on Monday, Sept. 25 through Wednesday, Sept. 27 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. This work is being performed through the night to maintain the safety of the traveling public and construction crews, while allowing for the high-volume flow of daytime traffic along Cedar Avenue.
The following traffic impacts are expected:
- Cedar Avenue, West Street to Fourth Street, will be closed to thru traffic with access provided only for businesses and residences within the closure.
- Cedar Avenue, at the intersection of Grandview Drive and Main Street, will be closed to ALL traffic.
- Detours will be posted along West Street, Dortha Avenue and Fourth Street.
- Residents and businesses on Cedar Avenue, Grandview Drive to West Street, are advised to use Dortha Avenue to East Street for access.
- Residents and businesses on Cedar Avenue, Grandview Drive to Fourth Street, are advised to use Dortha Avenue to Rose Street for access.
- Main Street, Cedar Avenue to Dortha Avenue, will be closed to thru traffic with access to and from Cedar Avenue closed to all traffic; residents and businesses are advised to use Dortha Avenue for access.
- Grandview Drive, Cedar Avenue to Linda Vista Drive, will be closed to thru traffic with access to and from Cedar Avenue closed to all traffic; residents and businesses are advised to use Linda Vista Drive for access.
Sewer services to residents and businesses in the area will remain operational at all times. To minimize conflicts with construction equipment and to expedite completion of the project, the City asks individuals to avoid on-street parking while construction operations are underway. Residents are advised to find alternative parking outside of the project work zone prior to work commencing, should they need to leave. In case of inclement weather, work may be postponed until weather permits.
For related questions, please call the project hotline at 928-255-5153 or email email@example.com.