Is there another place in town that will accept my hazardous waste?

Yes, however accepted hazardous waste items in town are limited. 

Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL's) can be dropped off at either Home Depot Location, The Lite Company (on Fourth Street) or the HomeCo Ace Home Center on Butler. 

Electronics may be accepted at Staples (928) 214-8424 and Best Buy (928) 522-6141. Please call in advance for more information. 

Old Fire extinguishers can be taken to Personnel Zee Safety. Call (928) 526-3130 for more information/directions. 

BBQ Propane cylinders are accepted at Graves Propane. Call (928) 714-1111 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What is accepted at the Hazardous Products Center (HPC)?
2. Why is the Flagstaff Hazardous Products Center (HPC) at the Cinder Lake Landfill?
3. Is there another place in town that will accept my hazardous waste?
4. How do I properly package and transport waste to the HPC?
5. When is the HPC open to residents?
6. I have a business; can I bring my hazardous waste to the HPC?
7. How do I safely dispose of sharps (needles)?
8. How can I dispose of prescription/over-the-counter medications?
9. Does the HPC accept smoke detectors?
10. Can I dispose of compressed gas cylinders, other than propane, at the HPC?
11. How do I dispose of broken Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) or thermometers?
12. Can empty paint cans be recycled?
13. What can I do with my left-over paint?