How do I safely dispose of sharps (needles)?
Sharps/needles are not accepted at the HPC. Sharps and needles pose a threat to landfill operators and wildlife if not properly disposed of.

Citizens Against Substance Abuse (CASA) in conjunction with law enforcement holds a sharps collection event twice a year; hold on to your sharps and dispose of them at the CASA event for safe and proper disposal. Please contact CASA at (928) 779.5361 for more information.

Or, after following ADEQ's instructions* for household sharps disposal, residents can dispose of their sharps in normal trash or at the Cinder Lake Landfill. For more information, please review ADEQ's Sharps brochure.

ADEQ's instructions*

Show All Answers

1. What is accepted at the Hazardous Products Center (HPC)?
2. Why is the Flagstaff Hazardous Products Center (HPC) at the Cinder Lake Landfill?
3. Is there another place in town that will accept my hazardous waste?
4. How do I properly package and transport waste to the HPC?
5. When is the HPC open to residents?
6. I have a business; can I bring my hazardous waste to the HPC?
7. How do I safely dispose of sharps (needles)?
8. How can I dispose of prescription/over-the-counter medications?
9. Does the HPC accept smoke detectors?
10. Can I dispose of compressed gas cylinders, other than propane, at the HPC?
11. How do I dispose of broken Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) or thermometers?
12. Can empty paint cans be recycled?
13. What can I do with my left-over paint?