Can I carry over excess vacation time if I am over the maximum?

Employees may not carry over more hours than can be earned in 18 months of continuous service. Earned vacation hours in excess of the maximum must be used no later than June 30 of each fiscal year. All hours over the maximum allowed and not used by June 30 of the current fiscal year shall be forfeited.

However, in the event of extenuating or unforeseen circumstances, an employee may exceed his or her vacation maximum past June 30 by submitting a written request to the Department Head through the immediate supervisor. The Department Head, in conjunction with the Human Resources Director, will make a determination and notify the employee of the decision. Employees may not be allowed this option for two consecutive years.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out what benefits I have elected? Who I have covered on my benefits? How much my contributions are?
2. How do I utilize the Employee Assistance Program for free counseling services?
3. How do I change / cancel my 457 Plan (Deferred Comp, VOYA, or ICMA-RC) contributions?
4. I have a Health Savings Account. Can I change my contributions?
5. I have a Flexible Spending Account. Can I change my contributions?
6. I have submitted my Notice of Resignation. Can I still take time off?
7. On my last paycheck, will I be paid for accrued sick leave, vacation time, etc.?
8. I am looking at retiring soon. What do I need to do?
9. I would like to utilize a temporary agency to hire a temporary employee. Do I need to go through HR?
10. Can I get a copy of something in my 201 File?
11. How do I get a copy of my check stub?
12. Can I carry over excess vacation time if I am over the maximum?
13. Can I accrue over 40 hours of compensation time?